New Life...

Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Sasquatch is Shedding

I had a pretty good weekend. Friday I got a new haircut; it's already made my life a bit easier :) I had found a salon online that looked good and was near our place. Andrea had an appointment last week and went down to check it out. She really liked it, but unfortunately it's on the 2nd floor up some really steep stairs and there's no elevator. We've found that's actually pretty common as the whole area we live in use to be steel mills and offices, so really really old buildings that have been revitalized. It kind of reminds me of the houses in Amsterdam.

While Andrea was getting her hair cut she told Jen, the stylist, about me and why we were here, and that I had made an appointment for later that week but wouldn't be able to keep it because it would just be too difficult with the stairs. Well Jen offered to come over to our apartment and cut my hair. Isn't that cool?

Saturday I woke up and was sitting on the edge of my bed staring into my bathroom, gearing up to take a shower. Even though Steve had cleaned it last week, there was hair everywhere, well more specifically Steve's beard and head hair. The man has been shedding like crazy lately. And it just hit me...this uncontrollable urge to clean the bathroom.

You see, I am actually a germ freak and one of the things I miss the most is being able to clean my house from top to bottom. I use to just get these urges out of nowhere, and start cleaning. But since I've been sick, not only does the dust and smell of chemicals bother me, but I absolutely have no energy to go up and down ladders or get down on the floor to clean anything.

We've done our best to find some cleaners that don't have a lot of smell to them. Steve was at the gym, Andrea was in her room on her computer (so distracted)...so I just decided to do it. I got the cleaners, turned up my oxygen and went at it. I was about halfway through and happened to be sitting on the edge of my bed catching my breath when Steve came home. I didn't get a scolding, but I certainly got a look. He helped finish the rest.

And subsequently I was so exhausted I slept most of the day away on the couch, but damn if it wasn't worth it. It was then that I got the "I knew you had overdone it" comment, and the "I didn't know you were in there cleaning" :) they love me, but it felt good to clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment