So much happened last week that I neglected to mention in my last post how wonderful the weather was over the weekend. In the 60's and sunshine !!! Pittsburghers were walking around in shorts and t-shirts. It was so nice, the Ice Cream Stand that has had the "closed for season" sign on it since we have been here was open with a bunch of people in line. Now it was nice, but I wouldn't call 63 degrees ice cream weather...these Yankees!
We took the opportunity to get outside a little bit. Steve and his Mom wheeled me around the neighborhood some and we went over to the Cheesecake Factory (one of my favs) for dinner on Sunday night. I tried the banana cream cheesecake which may very well overtake my all time favorite, pineapple upside down cheesecake! And our meal ended up being courtesy of a gift card that we had just gotten from Ellen, Elaine, and Pat G. Thanks Ladies!!
Of course today it was in the 30's and it's expected to snow tomorrow...but at least I have proof that the sun does shine in Pittsburgh. Hopefully I can hurry up and get the surgery so I will be in the hospital the remainder of the snow days :) and re-emerge into the Spring.
Also, this past Saturday I spied with my little eyes a bunch of people dressed in green walking down to the corner pub. And yes I now have a tendency of watching all the "to-doings" going on in this big city of ours right out of my living room windows. My sister says I'm like the guy from rear window because there is one particular person who lives about 3 skinny houses down the alley-way who I think is very suspicious. I keep a track of his comings and goings. Really thought I've turned into my grandmother who has a fascination with watching people :)
Anyway, Steve stopped and asked some of the people dressed in green what was going on this weekend and they said they were "practicing" for next weekend. They were practicing for the St. Patrick's Day Pub Crawl. Oh my goodness, I think there's going to be a bunch to spy on this upcoming weekend. Too bad you are going to miss it J-Owl! We heard there was a 25 person brawl Saturday night a few blocks down from us at one of the pubs. The police around here drive motorcycles with sidecars...I really want to see someone get put into a sidecar.
Rehab was good today. They doubled the times for about half my exercises...it slowed me down a bit today, but that's probably right were I need to be. I don't think they will be increasing them for a while. I think they were a little pleased to see me slow down some :) and I may actually be a little bit sore tomorrow.
And I am super excited about my brother's wedding. Its a new goal for me...get my surgery, recover, and be back home by September so I can dance with my bro at his wedding (and yes, don't give me any B.S. Ira, you're gonna dance with me).
So now I find myself thinking...geez when is the phone going to ring, let's get this party started so I can get back to normal. A long way from where I was a few weeks ago :)

Can you possibly bring the warm weather back for when I am in town? I am not sure what to pack! Although I would probably still get icecream in 30 degree weather...only if it was Bluebell. I dont think the Yankees know about Bluebell.
ReplyDeleteYou should invest in some binoculars. It would make people watching so much more interesting :) It would be interesting to be around during St Pattys day. I could probably fit in that side car. What police vehicle has a side car?
And I am very happy for you brother! I am glad your strength has come back to the forefront! Your strength never leaves you...sometimes it may just need a break to back stronger :)
excuse the mistakes - sometimes it may just need a break to come back stronger!
DeleteWell, we woke up to snow covered ground this morning and it's 30 outside...so still pack for cold ass weather. It's not really supposed to get Springish here until May is what I hear.
DeleteI was thinking night vision goggles as well. The police motorcycle has a sidecar....and you would fit quite nicely I think :)
Awww, see it's not all bad up there in the land of the yanks. We get the occasional weekend of acceptable weather. Just caught up on the blog, I'm so glad you are so positive about all of this, I feel it's that "good news" we've all been looking for. :)
ReplyDeleteOktoberfest 2014 is in the works... i'll make reservations as soon as the 2013 edition is over.
and maybe I can climb the mountain this time!
ReplyDeleteThere was so much residual alcohol in my system that day... I'm surprised I didn't pass out and fall off that mountain.
DeleteOkay listen, enough with the Yankee comments....LOL Okay, now onto the sidecar! I would totally go ask the Police if they would give me a ride in the sidecar. How funny would that be? And seriously, if I was walking down the street and saw someone get arrested and put into the sidecar, I would totally have to follow them and take video footage because I would not be able to stop laughing and re-telling the story to someone just wouldn't do it justice. I would seriously have to say to my friends, "Just watch this video." Glad your spirits are up! You have a lot to look forward to!
ReplyDelete