Sorry it's been so long since I've written. As you can imagine, a lot has happened, and it's taken me a while to wrap my head around it. But I am happy to report that I did get my new lungs, and while it was the hardest thing I have ever done, I am here, I am alive, and I am living !
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I last left you it was around Mother's Day I believe. Shortly after that my health declined pretty drastically. Breathing and moving around was becoming increasingly more difficult. I was on 100mg plus of Lasix a day trying to keep the water off that my body wanted to retain because my heart was having to work so hard. My days were spent on the couch, watching TV, listening to Steve program. I had quit working (even from home), which was a hard decision, but I just didn't have the strength to think anymore. Around 7 June (a Friday), I noticed a drastic shift. I could barely walk 5 steps on 15L of oxygen without feeling terrible. Being stubborn, I opted out of calling the coordinator because I knew it would mean another trip to the ER and another admittance into the hospital over the weekend....I'd rather wait until Monday. I did call my sister though, and told her things were pretty bad and I thought she should make her way back up to Pittsburgh. That was Saturday; she said she planned to fly up Tuesday.
First thing Monday morning we called Christgin, my coordinator to let her know how bad I was feeling. We hung up with her, she was going to talk to Dr. Crespo immediately and call us back. Literally 5 minutes later she called, which we thought was pretty darn quick, but it turns out that she hadn't even talked to Crespo yet .... there was an offer for some lungs for me, and I was primary.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More later, I promise. Thank you for being there with me on this journey, beautiful people!
XXOO
Lorene

No comments:
Post a Comment